Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

F.O.R.D.

You have all heard it, maybe even said it,

F.O.R.D. FOUND ON ROAD DEAD!!!

NOT TRUE!!!!!

Well, I actually like my F150. This is my 2nd one to own. It gets me to my soap shows with all my gear stowed safely in the bed, plus you get the cute little half doors for access behind the seats. 5 speed manual for quick acceleration, what more could you ask for? Well, not this.

NOT A GOOD SIGN

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ALAS, MY POOR BABY!

MAIZE, CORN &  COTTON COUNTRY

 
 







6:30 AM en route to work. B.F.E. Reagor Springs.
Dash gauges going crazy, electrical cutting off , engine dieing, coasting into Lone Star Drive-In.
*Racing & Rodeos*
YEE-HAW!!!
Frantic call to AAA.
HELP,  ( I knew there was a reason I pay $82.00 a month to T-Mobile) need a tow to the Ford House!


THIS IS MIKE
MIKE
Well, ever so clever, Mike shows up P.D.Q. & gets us all hooked up & ready to go. (We have history with Mike, keys, nuff said) He's driving an International with 630,000 miles on it. WOW!!!
Only cost $65,000.00 (BUSINESS MUST BE GOOD!!!)
This was the several years ago price, according to Mike.
At this point Suzanne drives up & Steve ditches me.
(Sorry babe, got to get to work, you can handle it from here.)
Not really, I told him to go & that I could deal with the rest.

Ford House here we come.
Well, Mike lets me ride in his super International & we have a great confab on the way, before you know it, destination reached.
Mike knows all the ins & outs of protocol at the Ford House so he had me set in no time.
A little credit card action to Mike (Knew I should've upgraded my AAA) & he's out of there. Thanks Mike, Au revoir!!


DO THEY THINK MY TRUCK WILL TRY TO ESCAPE?
WAXAHACHIE FORD HOUSE

CHRIS
Well, what can I say about Chris?
SWEET, POLITE, KIND, SYMPATHETIC?
YEP, ALL THE ABOVE....
Chris is my go to guy. GET-HER-DONE!
Chris says he'll call me later with the diagnosis A.K.A. $$$$$.


CHRIS. LOOKING SO PROFESSIONAL!!! (ORANGE SHIRT)
WHAT HAVE WE HERE, A RIDE?
 
GEORGE
 

MY HERO, GEORGIE!!
MY NEW CARRIAGE
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Well. George shows up to give me a ride to my new Carriage. Another F150? Bon!!!
(THANK YOU ROLAND'S NURSERY)

I finally make it to work in my new ride, do my duty, confab with Chris a few times & back to the
FORD HOUSE WE GO!!!
(F.Y.I. I do a little research during lunch & find my alternator about $35.00 cheaper at Auto Zone, HUM)

CHRIS

Well, I do a little confab with Chris, tell him about Auto Zone price &

Viola, Discount!!!


CHRIS THINKING ABOUT DISCOUNT!!

All in all my experience at Waxahachie Autoplex was good. Everyone I had contact with was polite & respectful.
This is the place I go to for my oil changes. I figure they know my ride the best, why trust a generic?
Here I have as relationship!!!
I could have chosen to view this incident on the negative, but what would that have accomplished?
Viewing it as an adventure made it one!!!
Thanks Mike & Chris.
& Girl who didn't give me her name, (we talked about working with the guys) & Abby.


1 comment:

Sue from Ky. said...

AND THEN THERE'S F-O-R-D FIRST ON RACE DAY