Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Monday Trade Days & Grilled Hamburgers

SO.....
Yesterday we drove to Canton to see Steve's mom.

 This was a First Monday Trade Days weekend, soooo, guess where we went?


ANNETTE''S HOUSE

Yep, we were out there bright & early, Texas gets pretty hot this time of year.
We weren't looking for anything in particular, just browsing.

We gave Nate his allowance straight away to avoid the inevitable Grandma, Grandma, Grandma routine.
Can't have nagging while I'm trying to shop!!!
First, off to the sheds, this is the area Annette likes. I don't recall her buying anything for herself though.
HUM!!!


WE ALL REMEMBERED TO WEAR OUR HATS
STEVE WAITING PATIENTLY


Note Steve's bag, he always carries cold water, wet bandanna ETC.
We had a cooler in the trunk of the car with partically frozen gallon jugs of water for refills.
Steve is always prepared.


HEATHER & NATE WITH CUTE BAG
I found this cute shopping bag for Heather.
Paris cafe scene on one side, GIRL driving her Vespa on the other side.
(Her boyfriend is on the back of her Vespa, I just love it when the girl gets the lead role!!!)
  Heather looks so cute in her hat.


MY GIRL HEATHER
We saw lots of cute things in the sheds, most of it was way overpriced.
(I like to look at the vendor displays.)
Annette did find this cute skirt for me, only $5.00.


CUTE SKIRT
I'm Thinking RIT DYE!!!
Maybe splotches of yellow as the first color,
then some blue to get green? I'll work it out!!!
I'll post the finished work of art,
HA, HA.






STEVE & MOM


NATE POSING WITH HIS BOUNTY
ANNETTE RESTING
Nate bought a ring for his mom, adorable bracelet for his cousin Lauren & a dangerous looking knife for his other cousin Brian, plus a few toys for himself.


Next we were off to the grounds where all the junk lives.
We love our junk!!!!
Heather found some gorgeous dishes that I neglected to photo,  forgive me
I'm still new at this chronicling stuff! Saw lots of cool stuff, I just couldn't make up my mind,
although there were plenty of vendors who wanted to me to!!
We walked & walked till we wore ourselves out.
Time for lunch, so it was back to Annette's house for hamburgers & air conditioning.
I brought some potato salad & pickled veggies, Annette provided the rest.
Hamburger meat, wheat buns, tomatoes, onions, all the stuff you need for a really great meal.
Oh yea & the grill, can't grill without the grill!!!


OUR CHEF, STEVE
Steve bought this cell phone holder.­­
 While Steve was grilling, we women were in the kitchen preparing the rest of the meal.



 STEVE, ARE THEY DONE YET?
WHAT!!!  I HAVE TO GET UP & HELP?










Nate was off exploring this, this & that.

THIS &


THIS



&  THAT!!
Table set, food prepared, some thanks to our LORD & time to eat!!!


TABLE SET, YUMMY FOOD!!!


We gratefully enjoyed our meal served on Annette's way cool Fiesta ware, cooled down with some ice cream, cleaned up & it was back to the grounds for more junking!!!
Too bad you can't get a pass for the parking as we had to pay again.
Annette stayed behind, it was way to hot for her to get back out.



So here we are again, probably close to 100 degrees, what can I say, we're die hard junkers!!!
We head to the trees for a little shade & some serious junking.

MY NEW SHAWL

REPLACEMENT GREEN VASE
I found this great shawl, now gracing my bathroom (looks great hanging in front of my shower curtain) & this vase, also in the bathroom. I used to have this exact vase sitting on a shelf, until the shelf tried to commit suicide. (Didn't work I picked that puppy up, used screws this time & hung her right back up!!! I dare you to try that again you bad shelf.)
 

THE BAD SHELF
BAD SHELF BEHAVING HERSELF
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well we shopped till we couldn't shop any more.
I did find a bakery rack that I'm going to use for my soap curing shelf. I've looked online for this unit & they cost close to $200.00. It was mine for $35.00

No photo because we haven't picked it up yet, we were driving Heather's car & the shelf is about 6 ft. tall.
She wouldn't let me put it on the roof, go figure.
So, that was our great adventure in Canton.
I have to go & make soap now or maybe a visit with the
RIT DYE!!
I'll get back to you with my decision later.
Till then,
Bonjour

1 comment:

Sue from Ky. said...

I had a green vase identical to yours once upon a time. Not sure if I still have it or not. Thirty two years of collecting things, then a house fire. Maybe I do, and then maybe not.