Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nathan

So....
My grandson Nathan has gone to live with his Dad,
2 1/2 hours away.
Doesn't sound very far except,
2 1/2 hours equals $75.00 in fuel one way.
This is the boy that has spent every weekend
 with us since about 1998.
The boy I sometimes pick up after
work just to hang out.
We cook, we fight, we create, we love.
We were working our way through
Rachel Ray's kid's cook book.
He has plants here, projects here.
He was learning here.
Other people are influencing his life now.
I have no say in this.
I am very sad.
I miss him.

5 comments:

Sue from Ky. said...

Terry,I know you are both heart broken about this move,but soon he will be of the age to make his own decision about where he stays.Pop's baby girl was 13 when the law let her decide. She chose to stay with her Mom until she finished grade school, then come to live with us, since she had lived with her Mom her entire life. It worked out just fine, and we all adjusted pretty well, but I know the pain at this moment,is unbearable.You have been a rock for Nathan up to this point. I know he has gained a lot, that will stay with him forever, from the time he has spent with you.You have been a great support to him,and I'm sure, he knows that, and will use what you have taught him, wisely,for many years to come.He is so blessed to have you in his life.

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

aw terry, i dunno what to say, think sue said it well, i can only add a few...bummer, rats arse, etc etc. will u be able to skpe or something.

Anonymous said...

Oh Terry,
I am so sorry to hear that. I know how special Nathan is to you and you to him. I know the wonderful influence you have been in his life will not be for nothing. He will remember all your fun times together and also how much you love and care for him.

I will be praying for him and for you.
Love
Tricha

Unknown said...

Thanks to all, I will continue to pick up Nathan as the budget allows.
It was just so easy picking him up on the way home from work.
Thanks Tricha, we need prayers.
Sue and Brendie, you both have been there for me.
I really appreciate your friendship.

Nancy said...

Sorry, Terry. I know this must be breaking your heart.

I hope the experience is a good one for your grandson.