Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

.....God Blessed Texas!

Oh my, we've experienced rain!

I've quit keeping track of the 100 degree plus days,
the long string of no rain days,
just too depressing to think about!

We've had to quit the garden,
concentrating only on keeping  the trees and herbs alive.

Today?
God truly blessed us with rain.
AMEN!

I can see a difference,
really.

My herbs?
I may lose some.

Sage
The sage is hanging in there along with the rosemary,
 but the lemon balm, lemon verbena, mints,
 oregano, basil and thyme are not doing as well.
Grasshoppers are also wreaking havoc!
The fruit and nut trees?
They'll make it by the grace of God.

Young Mulberry Tree, Happy

Notice the icky brown grass?
Mature Mulberry Tree Lookig way Sad!

Walnut Tree
More icky brown grass, cow food?
Where's that combine?

The Mesquite Tree, Protecting my wild blackberries!


Don't bother me now Grandma!
Till next time,
 Bonjour

1 comment:

Leontien said...

My gosh that grass indeed looks really bad! I hope you get some more rain soon!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog post last monday! yes i'm a little lat catching up! ;-)

Leontien