Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

G Is For Good Food

Well....
 I'm not poisoning anyone just yet.

Friday was market day, my local AD  featured
boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.99 per lb.
and whole pork loin for $2.50 per lb.
Where is the chicken breast I ask the meat guy?
OH, we don't have "that here" he says.
Well, I got the "AD here" I say...
Humm, he says.
Humm I say.
Now he's lost!
What do you have that's comparable I ask?
(I'm not afraid to ask the tough questions.)
After a little hide and seek we worked it out!!!
Came home with  2 1/2 lbs of chicken breast
 and about 7 lbs. of center cut pork loin.
They also advertised a 5 lb. bag of flour for $1.79,
the shelf was empty but....
the 25 lb. bag was $7.42,
$1.49 per lb. not a bad price, but not great either.
Also bought a whole chicken for $.89 per lb.

Cut  the pork loin into roast size pieces and wrapped for the freezer,
cut and wrapped a few less thick pieces for steaks on the grill.  

The chicken breasts were sautéed for fajitas,
the whole chicken, one of the pork roasts 
along with potatoes and carrots, were baked in my electric roaster.
Most of it was packaged (in meal size portions) for freezing.
 The rest  was to be filling for fried meat pies for Steve's lunches.
And since it's almost 9:30
on a school work night, I'll tell you about the
fake, fried meat pies later.

No poison involved!



Till next time,
Bonjour

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a busy, busy day for you, Terry. The meals sound delicious. I'd love the meat pie recipe. :)