Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

Yummy O...

BURST BABY BURST

BERRY GOODNESS













I love the holidays, family, food, fun and frivolity. (My favorite F words)
We are having our feast at my house, as the trip to Louisiana didn't quite work out.
I thought I might share our menu and a recipe.

Appetizers
Deviled Eggs
Raw Veggies With Dip

Meat
Turkey
Ham

Veggies  & Sides
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Broccoli, Rice Casserole
Corn Pudding
Dressing (Texas style)
Cranberry Jelly ( Made that yesterday)
Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Don't like candied)

Dessert
Banana, strawberry Cobbler
Squash Pie

Beverage
Iced Tea
Cool Aid
Coffee

I know it sounds like a lot of food but everyone takes some home. I swear.

This recipe is my mother-in-law's, she makes it every holiday and it's a big hit.

Baked Corn Pudding

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 (8 1/2 oz.) box cornbread mix
1 can (about 15 oz.) whole corn, drained
1 can (about 15 oz.) cream style corn
1 cup sour cream

Directions: Preheat to 350
Brush a 3 quart baking dish with some of the butter and set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine the remainder of the butter with the rest of the ingredients.
Mix well, pour into the baking dish.
Bake @ 350 for about 50 to 55 minutes.
The top will be golden and crusty, let it rest for about 10 minutes then serve.
Super good!!!

What are your favorite holiday recipes?
Please feel free to share as I am always looking for new eats!!!

Till next time,
Bonjour




2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's it. I'm hopping on a plane to Texas. I don't care if I get the full cavity search!

Sounds delicious, Terry. Take pictures, of the food I mean. :)

Unknown said...

Nancy, you're too funny.
Have fun at your sister's and you take lots of photos too.
Maybe I should do a clean up before anyone gets here?