Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe

So…

Are you past the Mouse Quest, post yet?
Good, cause I have a recipe.

No, not the jello!

This one is for homemade peanut butter cups.


I wanted to make the hubby some sweets for his lunch pail,
something that didn’t require turning on the oven.

So I started rummaging around in my “CLEAN” cabinets.
I found almond bark, marshmallow cream, toffee crumbles,
colored sugar sprinkles,
mini baking cups, most of which were left over from the
Christmas candy making frenzy.
Peanut butter, powdered sugar salted peanuts and raisins.
That’s a start!

I know, peanut butter cups are just that, peanut butter.

But what fun is that, good yes, but could be better with a
little extra goodies thrown in.
I tried to come up with more goodies for the inside besides
creamed peanut butter, peanuts and raisins….
But canned tuna or salmon, or dried beans just didn’t sound good,
although, if I would have had bacon, I would have fried it up,
crumbled it, and put it in too.

Everything’s better with bacon, Target has a t-shirt that says so!!!

Anyway here’s the recipe.

Peanut Butter Cups Ala Terry
Ingredients:
Inside
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp. salt
4 ½ tsp. Butter, softened
¼ cup marshmallow cream (optional)

Cream these together in a bowl.

Outside
1 cup creamy peanut butter
A handful of toffee bits (optional)
About 14 oz. almond bark (7 squares)
(I had the white almond bark, chocolate colored looks better).

Melt these in a double boiler, stir to incorporate.

Method:

1. Line your mini muffin pan with the mini baking cups.
2. Drop a teaspoon or so (the kind you stir your coffee with) of the
chocolate mixture into the cups, add a slight teaspoon of the creamed peanut butter mixture.
Here you can add a few raisins, peanuts, almonds, bacon, whatever.


(Probably not canned tuna or salmon or dried beans though).

3. Top off with another teaspoon or so of the chocolate, add some sprinkles and your almost done.
I put a raisin on top of the ones with raisins inside, a peanut on the ones with peanuts inside.


I sprinkled toffee bits on the ones with no bonus ingredients.

4. Set in fridge to harden up, and now you’re done.

Makes about 48

There you have it, easy munchies, no oven involved!


Better go wash my face, I feel something sticky on my chin.
Marshmallow cream I bet!

Till next time, happy cooking,

Bonjour

6 comments:

heather said...

Damn,,,,you made my favorite candy & I'm all the way in California . :( sad face

Stacey said...

These sound soooo yummy!

Unknown said...

looks very yummy and easy to make also. Thank you
Cardiac Surgery India

Sue from Ky. said...

Maybe I'll jump off of this computer and give your recipe a try. I am getting a splitting headache trying to figure out Picasa.It seems I can't upload anymore pics until I learn how to use it.

Nancy said...

So sweet of you to make these for your hubs. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to all for commenting, I had fun making them!