I found this cutwork curtain panel, plus it's two side mates
at my local thrifty shop for .75 each.
I just had to have them even though I didn't need them!
I take that back, I did need them!
I sold the shawl that was the curtain for my bathroom window.
I just didn't need all three of them.
I used the two side panels on the bathroom window
and decided to make an apron from the center panel.
This is how it started out.
First I took out the hem/rod pocket stitching at the top.
Then, I thought to self....
A white apron just seems wrong.
So I got out my dyes.
Finally decided on red, but I wanted a vintage feel to it.
Maybe only use a small amount of the dye to a large amount of water?
I was hoping for a kind of washed red.
Well, it worked, I used about a third of the dye to a large dishpan of water.
it took a lot of rinsing to finally get the water to run clear.
(Big water waster).
I cut off the excess fabric on either side of the panel,
(saving the excess for who knows what)
and searched my fabric stash for a suitable pocket material.
I found a small piece left over from the skirt/purse refashion
that added to the vintage vibe I was going for.
I folded the lining at the top of the apron,
to the front side 1 ½”,
and sewed it down, creating a waistband.
The ties are a 1 ½” off white, grosgrain ribbon
that I attached to each side of the waist.
Wish I had someone to take my pic wearing it!
I found a pillowcase to grocery tote tutorial that I plan on trying tomorrow.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Till next time,