Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

New Show Props "or" There's Always Room For Improvement

New Mini Bag Display

So...

I like to change my show display every so often, mix things up,
 try to look fresh, go with the season....
With that in mind, I've been busy re-doing/ inventing new show props.

Keep in mind, I'm in a 10 x 10 area with a canopy, table space is limited,
I need to take advantage of up space.

The new mini bag display above started out as a sleeveless, lace coat thing
that I made about eight years ago.
I intended to wear it to The Ren Fest but just didn't like it.
I pulled it out of the "gone wrong" trunk, ironed it and then pondered.
I pinned the bags to it, but didn't like the see-through aspect of the lace.
It needed some contrast, I dug through my closet and after trying several
things, came up with a long, black sweater coat.
I pinned a vintage veiled, black velvet hat to the hanger
and added a vintage sweater pin thingy.


Close Up.

Next was the large bag/purse display.
I've tried several things and didn't like any.

I had an idea that involved large dowel rods.
Favorite daughter (inside joke) did the Home Depot
run for me and came back with two 1" diameter x 48" long dowel rods.
I had a lace curtain panel, some black fabric, the dowel rods,
spray paint, drawer knobs, ribbon and imagination.

I spray painted the dowel rods gold and added the drawer knobs to the ends.
Then slipped on the lace panel,
added ribbon to hang it from....


Then I pinned on the bags/purses.


New Bag Display.

I added a ribbon to the center of the bottom so
I can roll it up and tie it off for easy transport.

I also made a garment bag for transporting the aprons, that trash bag I was using....
A little tacky to say the least!

Several other things got a re-do/coat of paint.
Hopefully, once everything is set up we'll look better than ever.

Although...

I don't know if the weather is going to cooperate.
Show is tomorrow and there's rain in the forecast.

Wish me luck!

Till next time,
Bonjour

P.S.
That "gone wrong" jelly?
I used a jar of the orange
to flavor a pot of beans, pretty good!
Just saying...


10 comments:

Jess said...

Your purses are so cute!

Meka said...

Love it if you haven't figured out I have a thing for lace. Which one are you going to be at?

Unknown said...

Thanks Jess, I appreciate it!

Hey Meka, We're skipping the market tomorrow, spooky rain!
I emailed you about a meet-up, hope it went through;-0

heather said...

Tell your favorite daughter thank you for taking such good care of you whilst your 1st favorite daughter is traveling the countryside for work. I love you mom. :)
Your creative genius is what makes you so wonderful. Love your design

Unknown said...

Child, you need to get your arse back to Texas so the two of you can fight over/talk about me.

Also, thanks for the affirmation!
And am babysitting the midget on Tuesday!

Nancy said...

I do hope the weather is good for you Terry. All that work needs to be displayed and purchased!

Good to catch up with you again. :)

Sue from Ky. said...

.......and that's why they say " Necessity is the Mother of Invention."

Stacey said...

I love the new bag display! It looks really cute, and it shows off your bags nicely. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Wonderful creations and great display (A Creative Harbor)

thanks for 'coming by' ^_^

Sue from Ky. said...

I'll bet it would be hard to think up new ways to display your wares, if you had no walls or ceiling to hang things from,but one could come up with lots of ingenious ideas, if you have a creative mind,and I think you,definitely,have it.