Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Valance To Apron, Via Sue

SO, SEW....

Sue, my blog buddy from Kentucky was kind enough to send me
a very large, bulging box of vintage linens, doilies and various pieces of fabric
thingies for my sewing/creating pleasure.
WOOHOO!!!!
Sue, you are the best!

There were so many items... Where to start?

Seam ripper at the ready!
This piece caught my eye immediately.
Window valance, very detailed window valance, hummmmm.
Since I didn't need any windows to be valance-d
I decided to make it a reverseible apron.
 (I've been on an apron kick lately).

I removed the rod pocket casing and then went to my fabric stash for
a complimentary fabric for the waistband and pockets.

Looking good.
The button stash was next.

Stash-o buttons.
And perhaps a rose embellishment on the other pockets?
 
Pretty pink roses.
Presto-chango,
retired window valance becomes new, up cycled apron.

Side A

Side B
What do you think?

That was a big box, there's more redo's on the calendar!
Thanks Sue.

Till next time,
Bonjour

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Terry you are so clever and this apron proves it! Such a great idea!