Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Le Pumpkin Genie

It's that time again....

The company's annual pumpkin decorating contest.
Yoo-hoo!

Steve and I did decorate a pumpkin.....
Just don't think I'll be taking it to work.
I think I would rather debut him at my soap show on Saturday.

I googled decorating ideas, and BHG had pumpkins decorated
with old, rusty, junk, hardware components.
Right up my alley as I have old,
 rusty junk, hardware components in my stuff stash.

Le Pumpkin Genie...

The old, rusty, junk, hardware components, from top to bottom.

The hair swirl:
I don't know where it came from or what the hair swirl is.
Eyes:
I think these might be decoration for behind a drawer knob.
Old, painted screws.
Nose:
Glass drawer pull from Steve's grandpa's stash.
Old painted screws.
Mouth/Mustache:
Bent, rusty cabinet hinge.
Also from Steve's grandpa's stash.
Old, painted screws.
Ears:
Rusty handles from screen door, AKA/Alien Room Divider.
Old, painted screws.
Genie Lamp:
Tea Pot, I think I got this at First Monday
Spotted Plate:
McNutts, purchased at Bygones, a locall antique store.

What do you think?

What's Your Wish?
Gotta go,
I'm getting the last minute stuff together
for Saturday's craft show.
Wish me luck.

Till next time,
Boo!!!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

He is cute Terry! :D Now I want to make one.

Terry M Scott (AKA Terry Mann) said...

Thanks Brittany, he was alot of fun to make!

brendie said...

groovy

sawn48 said...

Out of touch for a spell. We lost our beloved Sarah. Can't bring myself to get on the computer that much for a few days.
Love your pumpkin.I helped Mom hook up her lights for Halloween Friday. I called her this morning.She is so happy. That helped get my mind off the loss of Sarah for a day.
Hope all is well in your household.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I love the swirly thing on top -- so cute! I bet you win!! :)

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim andersen said...

I love this eclectic little pumpkin man!!! You are so clever!

Terry M Scott (AKA Terry Mann) said...

Thanks everyone, I like him too!