Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Le Pumpkin Genie

It's that time again....

The company's annual pumpkin decorating contest.
Yoo-hoo!

Steve and I did decorate a pumpkin.....
Just don't think I'll be taking it to work.
I think I would rather debut him at my soap show on Saturday.

I googled decorating ideas, and BHG had pumpkins decorated
with old, rusty, junk, hardware components.
Right up my alley as I have old,
 rusty junk, hardware components in my stuff stash.

Le Pumpkin Genie...

The old, rusty, junk, hardware components, from top to bottom.

The hair swirl:
I don't know where it came from or what the hair swirl is.
Eyes:
I think these might be decoration for behind a drawer knob.
Old, painted screws.
Nose:
Glass drawer pull from Steve's grandpa's stash.
Old painted screws.
Mouth/Mustache:
Bent, rusty cabinet hinge.
Also from Steve's grandpa's stash.
Old, painted screws.
Ears:
Rusty handles from screen door, AKA/Alien Room Divider.
Old, painted screws.
Genie Lamp:
Tea Pot, I think I got this at First Monday
Spotted Plate:
McNutts, purchased at Bygones, a locall antique store.

What do you think?

What's Your Wish?
Gotta go,
I'm getting the last minute stuff together
for Saturday's craft show.
Wish me luck.

Till next time,
Boo!!!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

He is cute Terry! :D Now I want to make one.

Unknown said...

Thanks Brittany, he was alot of fun to make!

Brenda The Bregle Rebel Bag Lady said...

groovy

Sue from Ky. said...

Out of touch for a spell. We lost our beloved Sarah. Can't bring myself to get on the computer that much for a few days.
Love your pumpkin.I helped Mom hook up her lights for Halloween Friday. I called her this morning.She is so happy. That helped get my mind off the loss of Sarah for a day.
Hope all is well in your household.

Nancy said...

I love the swirly thing on top -- so cute! I bet you win!! :)

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim andersen said...

I love this eclectic little pumpkin man!!! You are so clever!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone, I like him too!