Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Life is short

WELL......
I got a call from my sister Carol, her husband, Marty died of a heart attack.
I've been mulling this over all week, feeling this way, feeling that way, not knowing how to feel.
The last time I saw them was about 2 years ago. I'm not the best at keeping in touch.
I won't be able to go up there for the memorial, but my heart will be with my sister.
I think about how far apart we all are and that's a shame. Life takes us on this crazy journey
throwing this and that in our path, giving us one challenge after another and before you know it you're dead.
All I can take away from this is, appreciate your family, your friends, hug your kids and grandkids, because tomorrow it may be you that's dead.
C'est la vie

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Terry, I agree. My husband is in an occupation where death is a frequent visitor. It has taught me to value today. Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm following you now, too. ;)

Sue from Ky. said...

Yes, and as the years go by, we think of this more. My husband is 10 years older than me, and like Nancy, he was in the Laborers Union for years.You wondered every day, if you might get a call. Now I wonder each night, if he will awake in the morning. I guess we don't worry so much about ourselves. When we go,we're gone,but like Dianne at Crafty Passions,and your sister,Carol,we may have to face being left behind to deal with life alone.Even Rhonda, at Down-to-Earth has written on the subject. Hopefully, we can all be there for each other.

Sue from Ky. said...

And don't forget Cadi at Chocolate Fishies or Maehegirl.I think us being there each day, has helped comfort her through her entire pregnancy, beings she was with out Brent.