Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Trains, Traffic and Trying Times, OH MY!

It has definitely been trying times around here.

We sold our house in Ennis.... We bought another house in Waxahachie....
I found a job.... Hubby lost a job....   Hubby found another job....

As to selling the house....
Trying to keep a home "show ready"
and maintaining a normal life is next to impossible.
Keep in mind that a normal life for me
is running a soap factory and a sewing factory in my home.
Five sewing machines just doesn't look normal,
neither does the bread rack that I dry my soap on,
 or the show props, or the other ga-zillion things that go along with the businesses....
We sold  the house,
Ennis House
must have been normal enough.

Ever try to sell a house and buy a house at the same time?
I don't recommend it....
BUT
We had a fantastic real estate agent who made it all happen!

The new house.... Upside....
Charming, 1940's Craftsman style home, within walking distance of everything.
Two miles from my job, one point eight miles from his job.
Grocery market, historic downtown, post office, cleaners, thrift store,
everything so close....

The new house.... Downside....
Train noise, traffic in town, sirens, neighbors, postage stamp size front yard.
When the only noise you're used to is cows bellowing to be fed,
 town can be somewhat of a sensory overload.
We're adjusting....

Up next?
The new job.

Till next time,
Bonjour

3 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness!!! I am exhausted just reading this...Sounds like the worst is over and so glad you both have jobs close to home! I live in a downtown area and you will get use to the noise...I promise!

Carol

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my, what an exhausting experience you've just been through.

Your new home sounds lovely, except for the noise. Moving from peace and quiet to close neighbors and sirens will take some adjustment, but you CAN do it and you WILL.

Like the commenter above said, you will get used to the noise, it fades into the background, most of the time.

Enjoy settling in and new jobs, etc.

Have a good weekend ~ FlowerLady

Marti said...

I didn't know you lived in the area. Hi neighbor!

That sounds like quite an ordeal but it also sounds like you found a good house. I would love to be walking distance to anything, especially to downtown when there is something going on like the Texas Country Reporter Festival.