Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jalapeno, Paprika, Sea Salt, White Chocolate Candy Recipe

Jalaoeno white chocolate candy
 
~~~~SO~~~~
 
We're making candy for Christmas....
 
~Again~
 
We did the normal menu of flavors and threw in a few oddballs too.
 
Chocolate covered cherries/peanut butter cups
Pretzel letters/jalapeno white chocolate
Red hots
 
Melting chocolate/crushed candy canes
 
I use my electric skillet as a double boiler, (just add water to the skillet, and pop in your jars). I put the chocolate in wide mouth mason jars and got started. (When I have chocolate left over I just cool, cap and it's ready for the next candy making session. No muss, no fuss, plus this way I'm more apt to make candy at non-holiday times)!
 
The jalapeno thing just hit me, sounded good so I went with it.
 
If you're adventurous here's the recipe.
 
Ingredients:
4 or 5 finely diced jalapenos, depending on size, mine were BIG
½ block or so of roughly chopped white almond bark
a Tsp. or 2 of vegetable shortening
Paprika
Sea salt
 
Baking sheet
Parchment or wax paper
 
Method:
Put some water in your electric skillet and turn her on.
Roughly chop up the almond bark,  put it in the mason jar and set the jar into the simmering water to melt.
 
Meanwhile.....
 
Wash the jalapenos and drain well.
Remove the stem end from the jalapenos, slice, and then finely dice. I didn't de-vein or seed mine. I wanted all the fiery goodness! Set aside.
 
 
Check on the consistently of the white chocolate, I wanted a wafer type candy so I added veggie shortening to thin it out.
Once you have the white chocolate to your desired consistently, spoon rounds onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle/spoon on the jalapenos, a little paprika and sea salt.
Set in the freezer or fridge to chill.
Once set, place in plastic bags to give as gifts/ or eat them all yourself.
Continue on, making as many or as few as you desire.
 
I wasn't sure how these would turn out,
but,
me being me, I had to try.
 
They are super yummy!!!!!
 
The flavors work very well together, they're not overwhelming hot, I would say rather medium-mild.
The addition of the paprika and sea salt brought the whole recipe together.
If you decide to give these a try, please let me know what you think.
 
Till next time, happy cooking,
Bonjour


 
 
Here's the link to the peanut butter cup recipe.



No comments: